17.5.13

{ summer treats- cake pops }

Cake pops.


Ice cream.

Cake cream.

Ice pops.

I don't know what to call these, but they are fantastic.  They are cake pops in a sugar cone.  I figured the idea from my teammate last year that added cake balls to cake cones.  I wanted mine to look just like ice cream so took some other steps.

What you need- 2 boxes of cake mix, 1 almond bark baking chocolate, 1 can of frosting, 24 sugar cones

Making the cake


1.  Figure out what flavors you would like your cake-cones to be, I chose vanilla for what I want the ice cream to look like (thus vanilla cake mix and vanilla frosting) and chocolate topping (thus regular milk chocolate)

2.  Bake two cakes (don't over-bake), the LESS moist they are, the better the cake ball will stay together
3.  In a large mixing bowl, crumble up the cake and add frosting little by little until the consistency is pretty sticky and put together.
4. Put it in the fridge for two hours to get a harder consistency

The coning process

1.  Add half of the almond bark baking chocolate into a microwavable bowl and follow instructions for melting it (usually the first 90 seconds then a following 15 work, just mix it every time), set aside to cool a bit
2. Take the cake out of the fridge, and just like ice cream, scoop it with an ice cream scooper and plop onto a cone 
3. TIP- scoop all of the cones first, and use old cereal boxes and the cone box to place cake pops in. On  the boxes, cut x's evenly to hold cones (look at pictures below)
3. In a zip lock, add melted chocolate and drizzle all of the cones, add sprinkles if you want!






enjoy!!


xoxo
joyce

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself
or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. kudos

my webpage - article directory high pr

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...